Friday, November 4, 2011

Aloha

ALOHA my friends and family,
I have a lot to say to you all so bare with me... Its life changing!!!!!
So this week Matt Rawlins spoke about The Fear of God and I'm absolutely blown away by his message. I can go in great detail, but I decided not too because my blog would be 15 pages long. So the main idea I got out of this message is God is big enough and good enough in any given situation. And the works of the devil is to distort that view of God. He wants us to believe that "God is not big enough or good." We get all these pressures our flesh to think that God is not good... we are in Warfare all the time and we don't even recognize it! The crazy thing is Jesus came to destroy the work of the devil. ( 1 John 3:8)! If the cross doesn't answer your question "Is God good," I don't think it will every be answered. My favorite question Matt asked us is "Does your feelings have authority or does Gods Word have authority of your life?" This question expose many lies in my heart and I hope it does the same for you.

The weekend that just passed, my mother and brother came to visit me. It was so wonderful to spend time with them because every once in awhile I get homesick. I was very blessed to stay with them (off campus) and just rest. Of course we did a lot of activities, but my favorite part was to spend time with them! Just what I needed :) God is good!

One of my team mates on outreach is from Egypt and shared a word of God to our entire school, and God really spoke to me through him. In Egypt 90% of the population is Muslim, and if you preach the Gospel, you will get persecuted and will be put to death. So my dear brother, Mena, has to face persecution while I only have to face rejection from others. Hmm I feel silly to even worry about that...there is no comparison! So I'm thrilled to go back home and share the good news without the fear of persecution. Even if there were persecution, I will share the good news!!!

Crazy story- in the early 1900s there were missionaries that heard about an island that was full of slaves, but the slave traders would not allow anyone enter the island. So the two missionaries sold their freedom to become slaves so they can preach the Gospel on this Island. This story really made me meditate and I asked myself would I do this for Jesus? Its a difficult question to answer and I'm still trying to answer it.

I have 19 days to raise $1500 for my outreach and I'm asking you to pray, spread the word, and consider to donate. Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers. Please email me at KimberlyAltree9@yahoo.com if you feel like God is calling you to donate and I can give you the information on how to donate. Much Love

Kimberly

_Kimberly