Saturday, October 1, 2011

Aloha!

Aloha!!!
I would put more pictures up, but for some reason my camera does not seem to work. However, the picture to your left is called, "Plaza of the Nations (flags). Its so beautiful! This morning we had a welcome ceremony where each school presented gifts to the Native Hawaiian people and they welcomed us to their land. I have only been here for one night and I'm absolutely in love with the diversity that takes place here in Kona. The beautiful part about it is everyone respects each others culture and tradition. I had never seen anything like it before!

Today was the first day that we had lecture, and there I was able to meet all the students and staff/leaders. I was completely blown away! I cried every time when someone opened up and shared their struggles. It touched my heart. SOOO I decided I'm not wearing anymore eye makeup because the first day is nothing close to what it will be like in a couple weeks. Its going to be very difficult for me, but freedom will be the outcome as we, the students, face all our fears and addictions.

Here is the theme for Compassion
1. Restore
2. Rest in my love
3. Bring my River of life and hope to the hopeless